Fees vary per service.
- Neuropsychological/Psycho-educational Assessment: $2100.00 (Includes a full written report used in schools, etc.)
- Adult ADHD with cognitive testing: $1800.00
- Adult ADHD without cognitive testing: $1200.00
- Adult Asperger’s/Autism Spectrum with cognitive testing: $1800.00
- Adult Asperger’s/Autism Spectrum without cognitive testing: $1400.00
- Sleep/Insomnia Assessment: $600.00
- Pre-therapeutic Assessment: $900.00
- Brief Gifted and Talented Testing: $800.00 (score report)
- Full Gifted and Talented Assessment: $1400.00 (This includes a full report needed for school placement)
- Repeatable Battery for Dementia Assessment: $1200.00 (Out of Network for Medicare Patients)
- Vocational/Career Assessment with Counseling Feedback: $1200.00
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part.
Out-of-Network: Dr. Newsom provides a superbill with all required CPT and Diagnosis codes that can be used by clients to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. All out-of-network services require full payment at the time services are rendered.
In-network: Blue Cross PPO and Cigna only. All insurance companies have written medical necessity criteria that disallow psychological testing for educational purposes. While these written policies exist, insurance companies can legally audit our records and demand repayment of any amounts charged for educational testing, even if they initially paid for the testing without objection or verbally agreed to such arrangements. For this reason, Newsom Psychological will not bill insurance companies for the academic achievement portion of testing. The academic portion of testing will have to be paid for directly at the time of testing. Professional standards for assessment of IDD, ADHD, Learning Disorders, including and sensory processing issues and Autism Spectrum Disorder require assessment of Reading, Writing and Math as these are among the primary functional abilities impacted by neurodevelopmental disorders. Achievement testing accounts for about half of the administration, scoring, interpretation, report writing, and feedback time for neurodevelopmental assessments. Anyone using their in-network health insurance to help finance their assessment will be required to pay half of our standard private fee for the service requested. Those services covered without medical necessity exclusions by health insurance will be billed directly to the insurance company with the exception of any deductibles, copays or co-insurance. It is important for you to understand that there may be providers in the Central Texas area who may be willing to take the risk of violating medical necessity policies and you do have the option of obtaining services via these alternate providers. If you object to paying for the academic portion of the assessment you should seek services from another provider.
I accept cash and checks as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a testing session, please make sure you cancel at least 72 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!